2017/04/21

Life After Review

Please note: This post was supposed to go online on the 18th of April, but I was having trouble with my laptop and I had to do a complete re-installation of Windows, so it's a little later than I planned. 

Back in January, I received an invitation to be part of the Launch Team for Life After. And now the release day has finally come! I am so excited to share my review with you. 



I really loved Life After. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. It is full of suspense and touching moments.

The story was great. Even though you think you know how it's going to end, there were quite a few surprises that I didn't see coming. Also, the bombing wasn't used as a cheap excuse for a dramatic love story, but the consequences were very realistic. And Life After is so much more than a love story! Yes, there is a love story, but the novel is also about the protagonists' families, guilt and forgiveness. 

The characters felt very real and authentic to me. I appreciated that the side characters weren't flat or stereotypical, but real and complex characters. Autumn, Paul, his daughter Reese and his son Tate were especially amiable, but I also liked the other characters. 


My favorite quote from the book. 

Another aspect that I liked was that the protagonists' faith was very natural and inspiring. There weren't any surprising conversions, a cliché that I've seen in many other Christian media, but the characters were Christians from the start. The focus was on their walk with Christ and how the tragedy influenced their faith. 

It was the first of Katie's books that I read, but I'm pretty sure that it won't be the last. I wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone that loves to read Christian fiction. For me, it was the best Christian novel I've read so far! 

You can read an excerpt here  at Read it Forward or on Amazon

Disclaimer: I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review and sharing information about the book. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Please note that every comment will be reviewed before it appears on here :)