2017/01/24

It's Worth It Review

Today I've got another book review for you. I received It's Worth It by Masey McLain via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. So here we go!


I really enjoyed the book. It contains 21 short chapters, one for each day with an idea for a prayer or something to ask for in prayer at the end of each chapter. 
Masey's style is clear and accessible. It seems to me that she's a very authentic and amiable young woman. Sometimes she really spoke to my heart. Although the devotions are very basic, they are never boring or trite. For example, she explains how she sometimes struggles with perfectionism, fear or not finding time for God - simple things that everybody can relate to, and how her faith helps her to overcome them. 
I especially liked that she tells some of her experience as the lead actress in the Pure Flix movie I'm Not Ashamed as well as her thoughts about Rachel Joy Scott (whom she portrayed). So far, I haven't seen the movie, so I can't say, if the book has the same spirit as the movie, but I hope so. It definitely made me want to watch the movie even more. Another thing that I liked was that she mentioned the song "No Longer Slaves" by Bethel Music on Day 4. To me it seems like the whole chapter was written in the spirit of that song and it was very encouraging to read. 

I think this book is perfect for everyone that liked the movie or that wants to start reading devotionals. It it also great for "baby Christians" like me because it helps to find a starting point and gives great ideas on how to seek the Lord and what to pray for. I would recomment it for teens ages thirteen and up. 
So if you wonder whether you should read it, it's definitely - worth it!

You can buy it on Amazon or everywhere where you can buy books. 

Have you seen the movie? If you did, did you like it? 

Post was shared at





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Please note that every comment will be reviewed before it appears on here :)