2016/12/31

On The Blog Week 25 & 2016

Today is the last day in 2016!

So I decided to use this last "On the Blog" Post to present a Top 10 of the most viewed posts this year. 

But first, what was happening at the blog this week? There was only one post, a recipe for a Red Bell Pepper Soup With Feta Cheese and Ground Meat. A very long name for a very delicious dish!


2016 was a year of change for me.
In January, I watched a movie, Old Fashioned, and started reading the companion devotional, The Old Fashioned Way, in spring. They both changed my attitude towards relationships and helped me to confront myself with my past choices and mistakes. In summer, I studied the Girl Defined book with Haley from The Long Way To Go and a few other ladies. It was so much fun! And in September, I finally decided that I wanted to give religion, Christianity, a try. So far, I don't regret my decision. On the contrary, it helps me a lot and I have been tremendously blessed ever since! In the new year, I plan on telling you how that all happened. 

On July 12th this year, I started my blog. It is still a very small blog, but I am happy the way it is and thankful for every visitor. Within six months, I've already published 75 posts and had 2,492 page views in total! 

And without further ado, here are the 10 most viewed posts in 2016!

10. The Best Chocolate Cake Ever

This recipe has had 27 views (see, it's a small blog), but it's one of the two recipes in this top 10. And it really is a delicious cake, so if you haven't read that post yet, make sure to check it out!

9. Modest Inspiration #4 Cinderella

In this post, I've shown you how I wear my two Cinderella shirts. I love them, they're so cute! It has 28 views. 

8. Christmas Cookies

Making Christmas cookies is a tradition in my family! And since I moved out two years ago, I'm now making my own. This is the recipe that I used this year. It has 29 views. 

7. DIY Planner 2017

This is the first post about my DIY planner. I fill the pages with quotes from Scripture, songs and poems that I love. This series also has a second part and it's going to continue in the new year. This post has 39 pages views. 

6. The Old Fashioned Way Review

The review of my favorite book in 2016 has 42 page views. It is such an awesome book!

5. The New Rules For Love, Sex And Dating Review

Again a book review! This one has slightly more views, 44. This is also a book that I wholeheartedly recommend. 

4. My Experience With Friends With Benefits

This is a very personal post in which I shared how I deeply hurt myself believing in the culture's lie that you can be more than friends without being in a relationship. It has 51 page views. 

3. On Testdriving People

In this post, I tried to explain why it is absolutely disrespectful to "testdrive" people on a first date, that means, to sleep with them to determine whether they're worth getting to know them. This post has had 63 page views. 

2. When Should I Say "I Love You"?

A few thoughts on the right moment to say those three words. It has been read by 65 people!

1. The Challenge: Wearing Skirts and Dresses for a Whole Month (or maybe a little longer?)

 I never expected this post to be the most popular on the blog, but it has amazing 104 page views! I'm so glad you liked my challenge. 

Thank you for reading my blog in 2016! I've already got lots of ideas for new posts in 2017 and I hope you'll stop by in the new year as well!

Happy New Year!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Please note that every comment will be reviewed before it appears on here :)