2016/12/06

Christmas Cookies


I love baking Christmas cookies! When I was younger, I used to help my mother or my aunt, but now that I'm living alone, I have to make them all  by myself. Well, except for the five minutes where my boyfriend gets totally excited and asks me to hand him the cookie cutter - only to get bored after five cookies. But I don't mind that. 

This is a very simple and basic recipe. 

Ingredients: 
200g or a 5/6 cup of unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
100g or a 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
300g or 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 egg
3 splashes of lemon juice
a pinch of salt

Cut the butter into small cubes and put it in a bowl. Sift both the flour and the sugar into the bowl. Add in the egg, the vanilla extract, the salt and the lemon juice. Combine everything with a spoon and then knead it with your hands until you can form a big doughy ball. Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes. 

Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F. Roll out the dough until it has the thickness of 1/4 of an inch. Use any cookie cutters you like to cut out the cookies. Place them  on a baking tray and put them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until they start to turn golden brown. When they're done, set them aside and let them cool. 

You can then glace them with chocolate glace, icing sugar or use sugary decorations. I used 200g of dark chocolate. 

What is your favorite recipe for Christmas cookies? 

Do you have a tradition of baking Christmas cookies in your home? 

Post shared at 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your wonderful post at #OverTheMoon. I look forward to what you will share next week! Do something special. Give yourself a standing ovation today! We hope you’ll come back again next Sunday when we open our doors at 6:00 PM EST. Pinned and tweeted!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Please note that every comment will be reviewed before it appears on here :)